Geopano Clan of Negros Oriental


The Geopano Clan originally from Guimbal is a fourth-class municipality in the province of IloiloPhilippines. It has been cited by the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry as most business-friendly local government unit, 4th -6th class municipal category in Western Visayas, and the cleanest and greenest town in Iloilo.Guimbal produces mango in Iloilo as well as other seasonal fruits. Farming and fishing are among the main sources of livelihood of its people. 

Historical Note :

The Bernuses  Geopano  of Puan, Vallehermoso, our great, great Lola is Maria Geopano de la Vina of Guihulngan with 8 childrens , imagine you Multiply that numbers we are around 1800 to 2000 Bernuses of Puan plus the Bernuses of Old Sagay City with 8 siblings too...We are a very Big Family around the World.

The Hermoso Geopano of Puan ,Vallehermoso ,Prof. Josefino "Penn " Tulabing Larena, AB, CPE,CPS,MPA is doing historical research on his lost heritage the grand son of Agapita J. Hermoso Tulabing of Puan.

My tiyo Ekto Bascones the husband of my tiya Pianang Geopano Bernus (sister of my Dad) of Puan, Vallehermoso . our neighbor next door . We are related to the de la Vina family .The founder of Vallehermoso... 

This is very interesting... I can still remember my father ( Masden Geopano in Guihulngan ) enjoy the company of a tall , handsome cousin of his, who rode a big, big motorbike.Can't remember his first name but he has a Bernus from Puan) regularly visiting us.My Lolo Toling is the son of Macaria Villegas who married Dimas Geopano.


Senia Lopez · 
My father was Tio Douglas Geopano's first cousin. At Tio Douglas residence I saw a family tree however it is the Villegas side with my great grandma, Macaria Villegas married to Dimas Geopano. I'm interested in Dimas Geopano's side. my father mentioned before that the Geopanos are from Gimbal, Iloilo. Geopano is not a common family name. I wonder if there were more female Geopanos thus their family names have changed.






Comments